Personal Data is defined as any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
Examples of personal data that you may provide to us include:
- your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to you which you have provided in any forms ;
- your employment history, education background, and income levels;
- Personal Data relating to a third party (including your family members, such as next of kin, spouses, and children) and by doing so, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data;
- information relating to payments, such as your bank account number or credit card information;
- information about your usage of and interaction with our website and/ or services including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views and traffic to and from our website
Collection of Personal Data
We collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you submit any form, including but not limited to registration forms, customer enquiry forms or other forms relating to any of our services;
- when you sign up for our membership system;
- when you interact with our staff, via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, fax, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and emails
- when you interact with us on our website or perform an online transaction;
- when you respond to our promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data;
- when your images are captured by us via CCTV cameras while you are within our premises, or via photographs or videos taken by us or our representatives when you attend our events;
- when you are contacted by, and respond to, our customer service staff or clinic representatives;
- when we seek information about you and receive your Personal Data in connection with your relationship with us, including for our products and services or job applications.
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
Purpose of the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data
Generally, we may collect, use, disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data for the following reasons:
- to verify your identity;
- to handle and process your enquiries, feedback, complaints and requests;
- to manage the administrative and business operations of SA and comply with internal policies and procedures;
- to provide reminders of your appointments, provide follow-up calls and administering insurance coverage and processing insurance claims;
- membership including recruitment, processing and termination of your membership;
- to process payment for your membership or any other purchases and subscriptions;
- to request for feedback/survey participation for market research and analysis for us to improve the quality of our products and services.
- to conduct research, surveys and interviews;
- to keep you updated on our events;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- to monitor or record phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes;
- in connection with any claims, actions or proceedings (including but not limited to drafting and reviewing documents, transaction documentation, obtaining legal advice, and facilitating dispute resolution), and/or protecting and enforcing our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
If you have provided us with your Singapore telephone number(s) and have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your Singapore telephone number(s), then from time to time, SA may contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, text, fax or other means) with information about our products and services.
In relation to particular services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data to the following group of external organizations for purposes stated below, subject to the requirements of applicable laws:
- agents, contractors, data intermediaries or third party service providers who provide services, such as telecommunications, mailing, information technology, payment, payroll, data processing, training, market research, storage to the organisation;
- our professional advisers such as our auditors;
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to;
- vendors, third party service providers, our marketing and business partners relating to marketing promotions, products and services;
- external banks, credit card companies, other financial institutions and their respective service providers;
- relevant government regulators, appropriate customs and immigration authorities (for overseas purchases), statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines.
SA does not sell or trade our customer’s information.
We may collect or analyse anonymised information from which individuals cannot be identified (“Aggregate Information”) when you visit our website(s). The information collected will be used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their online preferences, so as to improve your online experience on our site(s).
Third party sites
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties independent of the organisation. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites operated by third parties even though it is linked to our website(s).
We encourage you to understand more about the privacy policies of such third party website(s) and contact its operator should you have any concerns.
Protection and accuracy of your Personal Data
We maintain appropriate security safeguards and practices to protect your Personal Data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification disposal or similar risks, in accordance with applicable laws.
We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Data remains accurate and up-to- date. You may inform us of any updates should there be changes to your personal data by contacting us directly. SA seeks your cooperation to ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete and accurate. Failure on your part to do so may compromise our ability to provide you with the products and services requested.
Withdrawal of consent
You may wish to withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession by sending us an email to email@example.com.
We will process your request within 30 calendar days from such a request for withdrawal of consent being made, and will thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal data in the manner stated in your request.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use or disclosure of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may no longer be in a position to continue our services to you.
Such a withdrawal may therefore result in the termination of any membership or programme that you may have with us.
You have a choice to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing or promotional materials/communication only. You may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have a choice to withdraw your consent for receiving promotional text messages by replying with the described text to unsubscribe.
Please be aware that once we receive confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent for marketing or promotional materials/communication, it may take up to 30 calendar days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Hence, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials/communication during this period of time.
Please note that even if you withdraw your consent for the receipt of marketing or promotional materials, we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the products or services that you have requested or purchased from SA.
Access to Your Personal Data
If you wish to access the Personal Data that we have relating to you, find out about the ways in which Personal Data relating to you has been or may have been used or disclosed by SA within the past year, you may contact us at email@example.com. SA may charge a reasonable administrative fee for retrieval.
Minors SA cannot determine the age of users who access our website(s). If a minor (according to applicable laws) has provided SA with customer information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact SA to remove the relevant data and unsubscribe the minor.
SA may update this policy from time to time to ensure that it is consistent with the current/future legal/regulatory requirements.
Retention of personal data
SA retains personal data as may be required for business or legal purposes, and such purposes vary according to circumstances.
Whilst SA will securely dispose of or anonymise Personal Data which it can reasonably determine as no longer needed and does not generally hold on to Personal Data “just in case”, it is in the interests of any person treating the patient to be able to refer to a complete set of medical records to avoid risks to health and safety of the patient.
As such that, with respect to the medical records of patients, unless specific contrary instructions from the patient are received, SA may (but is not obliged to) retain such medical records for as long as SA may be potentially consulted for further follow up by (or on behalf of) the patient even where such consultation may not occur until after a substantial period of time or there is no current or present indication that the patient may.